100 Uses for the doTERRA Home Essential Kits
I have been a massive fan and user of essential oils for a number of years now.
They have replaced so many products in my house, from cooking products to cleaning products to beauty products as well as items in my medicine cabinet. I have replaced so many items over the years, some of which were toxic products.
The possibilities with how you can use the oils are endless. So, I have decided to put together 100 uses for the doTERRA Home Essentials Kit which contains the 10 most popular doTERRA essential oils.
You can make up so many different blends and home-made products using just these oils alone.
The following oils described below are a part of the doTERRA Home Essentials Kit - which contains the 10 most popular doTERRA essential oils:
10 Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
Add a few drops of Lavender Oil to your pillow or bottom of your feet for a restful night’s sleep. Works a treat!
- Sooth skin irritations by applying a few drops of Lavender Oil to 1 tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil and then rub gently to the irritated area.
- Add a few drops to your bath water for a relaxing bath.
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors in lemon or wild-orange based sauces, marinades and dressings
- Combine Lavender Oil with water in a glass spray bottle to remove unwanted odors in your home.
- Mix Lavender Oil with Frankincense Oil to reduce sun spots. Apply in the morning, after your shower and also before you go to bed.
- Add 3 drops Lavender Oil, 3 drops of Vetiver and 2 drops of Wild Orange to your diffuser to manage stress levels.
- If you have had a full on day and need to unwind, diffuse 2 drops of Lavender Oil and 2 drops Frankincense Oil. It will do the trick!
- If you have been on your feet all day, apply a few drops of Lavender Oil and Lemongrass Oil to 1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil and rub on your feet and legs to help soothe sore muscles
- Make your own natural lip balm. Add a few drops of Lavender Oil to shea butter, jojoba oil or coconut butter/oil and rub onto your lips.
10 Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil
Feeling stressed? A 1 drop of peppermint to the roof of your mouth to help ease tension. You can also rub 1 more drop at the back of the neck and around the temples to approach this neck tension from all angles (literally).
Add a drop to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist. My fave is to add 1 cup of watermelon + 2 drops of peppermint. Delicious.
DIY your toothpaste and find a more natural solution by adding 1 drop of peppermint, along with 1 drop of clove
Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
Place one drop in the palm of the hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
Satiety. It’s about feeling full, and not overeating. The aroma of peppermint oil has the ability to make you feel full, faster…especially if you breathe it in before or during a meal!
Feeling lethargic or in a brain fog? Peppermint has been known to improve blood circulation and awareness, leaving you with an energized, awake feeling. Use it aromatically.
Keep bugs away! When you diffuse peppermint into the room, you’ll notice fewer spiders. Why? They don’t like it. It’s safe, contains no harsh chemicals or pesticides. It doesn’t kill the spiders but forces them out.
- Clean naturally by adding a few drops to a water bottle and spray on countertops and bathroom surfaces, scrub, and enjoy cleaner clean. Peppermint oil is a wonderful natural cleaning agent because it has antibacterial properties.
10 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
Add 1 drop to your 8 oz. morning water to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
Diffuse to create an uplifting environment.
Put on a rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces
Wash hands with Lemon oil to remove grease after changing your oil
Neutralize those stinky odors. Diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors at their source!
Cook with it! There are an infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your sugary savors: Lemon frosting • Lemon meringue • Sour cream lemon pie • Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • Lemonade
Declutter your mind - A clear mind, a clean slate, a fresh outlook. It’s all good. Real good. Diffuse lemon oil and you got it.
10 Uses for Oregano Essential Oil
Take one drop in a veggie cap or 4 fl. oz of liquid daily to maintain healthy immune function.
Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function.
Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner.
Help cure seasonal threats! Add a few drops of oregano oil to a bowl of boiling water, place a towel over your head and breathe in the powerful vapors for 5-10 minutes. The moist steam helps to loosen and drain mucus in the nasal passages and the antibacterial properties of the oil help to fight off unwanted bacteria and pathogens, and can relieve lung discomfort, or breathing problems.
Feeling stuffy at work? A deep sniff of oregano oil directly from the bottle is a great pick-me-up and can help open up the airways.
Stay well - Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil to an edible carrier oil such as olive or coconut oil and take it sublingually (under your tongue). Swish the blend for a minute, giving it time to absorb into your blood system, and then spit it out. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
Add 5-8 drops of oregano oil to 1-2 tsp of coconut oil (solid at room temperature) and rub on the chest as a soothing balm for respiratory tract infections and coughs. You can also rub this balm on the soles of the feet for added benefit.
Use in a Diffuser: Add several drops of oregano oil in your diffuser, let it waft through the air and breathe in the medicinal vapors. Great for allergy season!
- Help heal acne! Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil to a little water. Soak a cotton ball with the blend and dab onto acne lesions. Carvacrol, the active compound in oregano oil, helps to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation caused by acne.
10 Uses for Deep Blue Essential Oil
Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
Massage Deep Blue with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
Rub Deep Blue on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
Turn your bathroom into a spa! – Mix 10 – 15 drops of Deep Blue blend with a cup of quality salts. It can be Epsom or it can be Himalayan (pink), sea or Mediterranean. Add it to hot bathwater, soak in and inhale deeply.
DIY a beautiful massage oil. For that, you can use any type of carrier oil and perhaps even add another drop or two of other essentials, such as Cypress, Lemon, or Lemongrass.
Need on-the-go pain relief? Create your own Pain Relief rollerball by adding 10 drops of Deep Blue + 10 Drops of Copaiba, fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil and roll it on when you're feeling achy.
Massage Deep Blue with a few drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil onto your growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
Going on a hike or long bike ride, take some Ice Blue with you to help soothe tired muscles.
If your kids come home from school or sport with a few bumps, apply Ice Blue diluted to the affected areas to help support localized blood flow.
That time of the month? Relieve feminine cramps by making your own roller blend. Add 15 drops Lavender Oil, 10 drops Geranium, 4 drops Balance and 3 drops Deep Blue in a 5ml roller bottle and fill the rest with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
10 Uses for On Guard Essential Oil
- Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for an immune boost.
- Add to water for an effective all-purpose surface cleaner.
- Soak sliced apples in water and a few drops for a healthy, immune-boosting snack.
- Combine a few drops of doTERRA On Guard with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural hand cleanser.
- Rub 1-2 drops on your loved one's feet before bed for an extra immune boosting bed-time ritual.
- Put several drops in a bowl of hot – hot water and breathe in the vapors as it begins to volatilize when you have lung congestion.
- Put 50 drops in a spray bottle with 30 oz of distilled water. Shake often and use to sanitize kitchen and bathroom surfaces (cleans great too).
- Add to Emergen-C or orange juice to help congestion and fight seasonal or environmental threats.
- Make a natural anti-biotic blend using OnGuard (5 drops), Oregano (4 drops), Frankincense (3 drops), Peppermint (2 drops), and Lemon (1 drop) in a gel cap.
- Add 3 drops to your toothbrush and brush every day for a healthy mouth and to prevent cavities, gum disease.
10 Uses for Frankincense Essential Oil
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.
- Help regulate menstruation by adding Frankincense to your daily routine. Add 1-2 drops of Mr. Frank to coconut oil (the REAL stuff, so you get all the benefits of the MCM's too) and rub on the lower abdomen before bed.
- Reduce stress + negative emotions. When inhaled, it’s been shown to reduce help maintain an already healthy blood pressure. It has the ability to reduce anxious feelings and improve feelings like self-doubt, or sadness, but unlike prescription medications, it does not have negative side effects or cause unwanted drowsiness. For example, in mice, burning Boswellia resin as incense had antidepressive effects.
- Help decrease inflammation and pain with a stress-relieving bath soak. Frankincense can inhibit the production of key inflammatory molecules associated with conditions like muscle discomfort, breathing difficulty, bowel discomfort. Create your own bath soak by adding 10 drops each of Frankincense, Deep Blue, Copaiba, and quality salts together, then adding them into warm bath water.
- Create your own anti-aging toner. Get a 4oz. glass spray bottle. Add 10 drops Frankincense, 10 drops Geranium, 6 drops Copaiba, and 4 drops lavender, + 1 TBSP Witch Hazel, and fill the rest with distilled water. Spray after you get out of the shower. Voila!
- Reduce the appearance of scars with a DIY Body Butter: Add 2 ounces shea butter or coconut oil, 10 drops of jasmine oil, 10 drops frankincense oil, Small container or jar to mix the ingredients.
- Create your own night-time body rub. This all-natural night cream is great to help you fall asleep. It also doubles as a skin health-booster if you apply it to your face and may be able to help clear up blemishes or breakouts. Add 5 drops frankincense essential oil, 5 drops lavender essential oil, 1/4 tablespoon organic coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, add into a small glass container or jar to mix the ingredients, rub all over the body before bed-time for a restful nights sleep.
10 Uses for Digest Zen Essential Oil
- Add a few drops to water to take internally - like a TUMS but way better for you.
- Rub on the stomach before flying or taking a road trip for a calming aroma.
- Take DigestZen internally when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.
- Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
For sluggish digestion, add a drop or two to your child’s bathwater to help get things moving.
For a fussy baby, try rubbing a little diluted DigestZen on your baby’s tummy.
For pregnant mamas, add a drop under the tongue or diffuse to help keep the morning queasiness at ease. Essential oils are great to use for many of your pregnancy needs.
Take DigestZen with you onto airplane with you to naturally balance your tummy through turbulence and uneasy motions.
Dilute and apply to the bottom of your furry friend’s paws for parasites. (for more on dilution + essential oils for Pet Care read this blog)
When feeling nervous or anxious, smelling and applying DigestZen to the abdomen may calm the butterflies.
10 Uses for Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Essential OIl
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto the affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.
- Try adding a drop or two of Tea Tree essential oil to your regular daily facial cleanser or moisturizer to keep the skin looking and feeling super fresh.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats
- Create your own aftershave with Melaleuca and Cedarwood.
- Add to water alone, or along with Peppermint and Lemon essential oil, for a refreshing mouth rinse and breath freshener
- If your feet often feel tired and worn out after a walk, try applying a few drops of this oil to the bottoms of your feet for a quick pick-me-up.
- Freshen your breath and clean your mouth by adding a drop or two of doTERRA Melaleuca and Peppermint to water and rinsing as with a mouthwash.
10 Uses for Breathe (aka Easy Air) Essential Oil
- Does your Kiddo have a cough? Add 1 drop of Breathe with Fractionated coconut oil, and rub on their chest for cough relief.
- Add 1 drop of Easy Air and 1 drop of Wintergreen Oil in a sink of hot water. Then place a damp towel over your head and inhale deeply.
- Do you a have a space in your home that smells musty? Then diffuse Easy Air to make the space more breathable.
- Easy air is great to use if you are feeling anxious or claustrophobic, apply 1 drop to the palm, rub together and take 3 deep breaths.
- Does your house have that pet aroma from your lovely pets? Use Easy Air to diffuse the house, especially when you have guests coming over. They will thank you for it.
- Diffuse, inhale directly from palms or rub on chest or feet when seasonal and environmental threats are high.
- Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
- When loud noises are keeping you up at night, diffuse for a calming effect that promotes a restful night’s sleep.
- Got a snorer in your household? Snoring is generally caused by the vibration of tissue which is caused by turbulent airflow through narrow nasal and throat passageways. Doterra Breathe oil is not designed to alter the airflow or vibration of tissue through your nasal passages.
- Got babies? Dilute Breathe and Frankincense and Lavender and apply to the chest, back and feet once or twice a day. A combo of Frankincense and Lavender can be very helpful when the chest is tight and loud.
Want to get these oils in your life?
Click the button below and follow the steps to get started with the Home Essentials Kit