Using Essential Oils for Cleaning is a sure-fire way to detoxify your home environment. Staying toxin free is of utmost importance to me and my family, so the following are some quick tips and suggestions for my top 10 essential oils for cleaning.
On Guard Essential Oil
- Add to water for an effective all-purpose surface cleaner.
- Combine a few drops of doTERRA On Guard with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural hand cleanser.
- Put 50 drops in a spray bottle with 30 oz of distilled water. Shake often and use to sanitize kitchen and bathroom surfaces (cleans great too).
Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Make a simple linen spray with 10 drops wild orange, and 10 drops of lavender + water in a spray bottle.
- Make a kitchen cleaner with wild orange essential oil, and combine with any of these other oils for a powerhouse disinfectant for your kitchen.
Lemon Essential Oil
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
Lime Essential Oil
- Make a disinfectant spray with 10 drops of lime essential oil, 1 cup of white vinegar, and water to a spray bottle.
- Clean stubborn copper pots with 10 drops of lime essential oil, and salt. Let sit like 5 to 10 minutes after scrubbing, Rinse with hot water & dry.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine Lavender Oil with water in a glass spray bottle to remove unwanted odors in your home, car, or mattress.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Put on a rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces
- Wash hands with Grapefruit oil to remove grease after changing your oil
- Neutralize those stinky odors. Diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors at their source!
Tangerine Essential Oil
- Use 10 drops of tangerine oil with water and create your own DIY toilet spray to get rid of unwanted odors.
Purify Essential Oil
- Add 10 drops of Purify to a spray bottle and top it off with water for a natural, DIY bug spray.
- Add 4 drops to a cotton ball and put in/near a vent to help purify the air as it is dispersed.
Melaleuca Essential Oil
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.Eucalyptus Essential Oil
DIY Essential Oil Recipes for Cleaning - can be a lot of fun! + Super easy.
If you haven't noticed, you can clean and detoxify your home with a variety of different doTERRA Essential Oils. You can also consider COMBINING many of these oils for added benefits (both in terms of smell, and cleaning power).
Try your own combination, and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
PS. Want to get your hands on some oils, here's how to get started.